Cities, water supply corporations, businesses, and individuals can all help protect spring flows by reducing consumption of water. There are many easy ways to help reduce consumption. Here are a few:
- replace old shower heads and toilets with new models that use less water
- adjust your toilet to use less water per flush
- capture rain water off your roof for use
- check your water lines to make sure they aren't leaking; repair any leaks
- don't water your lawn during the hot parts of the day
- use native plants in landscaping
If all water users in the Edwards Aquifer region commit to reducing consumption, we will save billions of dollars that won't have to be spent on new water development projects (like dams, uphill water transmission lines, and treatment plants).